As a parent your role is essential! You can guide your child in their choices by:
- staying informed of the choices offered by the school (meetings with parents, brochures, etc.).
- making sure they understand the information given to them about the courses offered.
- observing and recognizing their specific traits.
- discussing their interests and the factors they rely on to make choices.
- acknowledging their strengths and capacities.
- encouraging them to make personal and realistic choices.
- encouraging them to consult their guidance counsellor. Refer to the Guidance for my child section for advice on how to better support them.
Don’t hesitate to discuss their interests and strengths and acknowledge what you admire about them.