During a school year, students can experience ACGC through the subjects taught and learning activities. Along the ACGC continuum, 19 elements are targeted. The content is compulsory but does not constitute a subject and is therefore not subject to evaluation.
ACGC is divided into three areas of knowledge associated with strategies that promote student learning.
The student learns to know himself better and identify personal characteristics:
- Interests, abilities, values, aspirations and assets
- Attitudes, behaviours and perceptions contributing to a sense of personal competence
Knowledge of the school world
The student learns to better prepare for the challenges of his school career:
- School transitions (elementary to secondary, Cycle 1 to Cycle 2, high school to post-secondary)
- The Quebec school system and school choices
Knowledge of the working world
Students learn to be better prepared for the challenges and demands of the labor market:
- Links between self-knowledge and the worlds of school and work
- Exploration of trades and professions